Tuesday, April 21, 2009

RESQ-Challenge #5!

Wow I can't believe RESQ-Challenge has been up and running for a month! Seems like only yesterday we decided to just go for it!

This week's challenge is from Jacqueline...GLITTER and GLITZ! Ok, if you know me you know that glitter and I have a LOVE-HATE relationship (mostly HATE)....I just can never make it work! Stickles I can deal with but when we start getting into heat and stick powder and fine glitter, I just can't hold the ball! I TRIED to use the heat and stick powder on the dotted background here...I stamped in rose red and then covered it with versamark (yes, I ruined the versamark pad, it's pink now)...then added the heat and stick, heated , added the dazzling diamonds, and heated.....

yeah, where the heck is the glitter? Well, it's on my floor, my dog and ME! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong! So I added some stickles to the sash and necklace and there ya go! This card is also for the color challenge today (rose red, pink pirouette, and basic grey) on SCS...
PS it looks like the image is crooked but I checked, it's just how the picture came out, I swear!
recipe: Stamps - Unity April KOTM, papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages
cardstock - pink pirouette, rose red, basic grey PTI white
ink - rose red, memento london fog, versafine black, versamark
accessories - stickles, heat and stick powder, dazzling diamonds, ribbon, safety pin

Thanks for the awesome challenge Jacq!

On another note....I heard that Jacqueline is cooking up a new challenge for Tuesdays on the RES-Q-Challenge blog....STAY TUNED for more ways to RES-Q your stamping MOJO!

1 comment:

Michelle L. said...

This turned out cute, D, even if the dots didn't take the glitter. I love the layout and the sparkly sash.