Monday, July 28, 2008

busy weekend!

Well, I had a very busy stamping weekend! Right here on Splitcoaststampers, my virtual home away from home, it was a VSN Mini on Friday night, some challenges I did for the week and this whole week was the Dirty Dare 08. That is a bunch of awesome challenges set up by members of the dirty dozen right here on SCS.

This was for the Limited Supplies Challenge this week...a tough one! Limited layers, no markers or coloring things, no Cuttlebug, no other embellishments except for ribbon or twine...only ink and stamps! Yikes! Well, thanks to my Mother-in-Law I now can make awesome clouds with the help of a scallop punch! So there is my balloons in the sky!

This one was one of my favs from VSN Mini...the polished stone technique. I just love how the paper looks like an actual piece of stone or marble! This beachy themed card went perfect with the subtle colors in the polished stone.

This was another fav of mine from the mini...to use only what was left on our workspace at the end of the night! Well, mine was a total mess and I knew I was going to do some kind of quilt or patchwork when I saw a few scalloped squares lying around. And my Martha stamp was a hit!

So that was just a few...I'll try to post some more tomorrow!

PS *** update on the doll beds....I put them on ebay for  a 7 day auction...no takers! Not even any questions asked! :( So I relisted it, lowered the shipping and figured I'd try one more time! We'll see...
If you want to inquire about one, please email me directly at resqbarbie@mac.com

No comments: