Sunday, April 25, 2010

VSN Mini!

There was a Virtual Stamping Night Mini this weekend and since I won' be around for the main event I made sure I played this one! Here is the information on the VSN for those who are wondering "what the heck is she talking about?"

The first challenge was a 4 in 1 : make a joy fold card, use the color red, use a "diva" image and use some bling:

recipe: stamps- TAC, PTI fancy flourishes, star prints
paper- PTI white, pure poppy, Gold paper from Kate's Paperie
ink- memento black, copic markers
accessories- rhinestone stars

The next was make a mono chromatic baby card. How ironic that a friend of mine just had a baby girl this weekend!
recipe: stamps- PTI bitty baby blessings
paper- PTI sweet blush, white, bitty dots, Imaginisce
ink- memento black
accessories- border punch, heart punch

Next we had to make a card with a "wet" look...I changed my mind so many times as I was making this one...You can't tell from the picture but the inside circle is a piece of acetate..I was thinking of doing the hair gel technique but I just couldn't get it together! But as far as the "wet" look I think the crystal effects works good!
recipe: stamps- Impression Obsession Sushi Bowl, PTI birthday basics,
polka dot basics
paper- SU pacific point, PTI Kraft, white, unk green scraps
ink- memento black, bashful blue
accessories- acetate, cork, crystal effects, circle cutter


The next one I posted before but just to keep it all in order here it is again...The challenge was to use at least one flower, cut it out and pop it up.

recipe: stamps- Papertrey Ink Garden of Life, Background Basics Tin Types
paper- PTI white, dark chocolate, new leaf
ink- versamark, SU crushed curry, PTI new leaf
accessories- glitter clear EP, brown felt, brown satin ribbon, corner chomper


On to the baby shower challenge! I am wishful thinking here...hoping to make these invites for real for my sister soon!It is such an easy design, would be great to make a bunch of..
recipe: stamps- Papertrey Ink Bitty Baby Blessings
paper- white, certainly celery
ink- certainly celery
accessories- none (wording printed on computer)

And finally the Bridal shower card! This challenge was to make a bridal shower card and to use the folded picture frame technique. You can find the directions here. Another one without a sentiment because I ran out of time! The dress took up a lot of time because I stamped it on white and then layered an off white vellum on top. It looks better IRL...
recipe: Stamps- Gina K Retro boutique, PTI fancy flourishes
paper- chocolate chip, very vanilla, making memories PP
ink- memento black and timber brown
accessories- vellum, satin ribbon, cuttlebug embossing folder

1 comment:

Michelle L. said...

these are fabulous! I especially love the two baby cards - so sweet.