Monday, June 15, 2009

RES-Q-Challenge #13

Our dear friend Karolyn came up with a fabulous challenge for this week....use embossing to make raised "bumps" like bug bites! LOL I took the easy way out and used my favorite Cuttlebug embossing folder, swiss dots. I also used a new technique to make the flower here...you can get the directions HERE but basically you just cut out some haphazard circles, wrinkled them up good, sand and scratch them up and layer them together and VOILA! I even did them with tissue paper and they look great! Thanks for stopping by today...tomorrow join us for TRASHY TUESDAY! Later potatoes...

recipe: stamp- Papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages
paper- coredinations cardstock. blush blossom, really rust
ink- versafine black
accessories- tag punch, hemp, button, cuttlebug embossing folder swiss dots

4 comments:

JoAnn (sarahzoe) said...

Lovin' the looks of that haphazard flower. Fun card.

Michelle L. said...

Great flower and cute card, D!

Poppy said...

Love the whimsical look of your bug-bite card!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Too cute, missy!! I'll definitely be trying out that flower technique. I love the results!! Thanks for letting me Guest Host - what a hoot!!